Friday, August 17, 2012

Wild Sunflowers

The planted sunflowers are done sunning...they are in their turning process and soon will be harvested for their seed...many uses of sunflowers.

Their cousins the Wild Sunflower...is such a happy plant all over our horizon
Every time I see them they make me smile.

The wild bunches feed the birds, and I am not sure if deers don't munch on a few..the bunnies for sure do.

Behind these Sunflowers is a grove of Ground Hogs...there is so many of them this field has been dedicated to their denning.


They can be so very destructive...I live near these but so far have been lucky..they haven't ventured out to our fields...to put up for new homes.

In the work area at the Gallery I am creating a dragonfly lampshade...progressive photos will be posted...

Thanks for looking...

Have a great day

1 comment:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love sunflowers. I wish they would grow for me, but of course, they need more sunlight than my shady garden provides. Maybe next year with the loss of the neighbor's tree I'll have a bit more sun.

I've never seen a ground hog, but I suspect you are quite lucky they have not invaded your fields.