Monday, September 3, 2007

Sharing

After 8 years I taught my first class today. I was exhausted when the 3 hours were done. I can NOT imagine having to do this for 10 hours anymore!

My students were so excited to learn some new techniques.
They began a composition knowing they could not finish, and want to return tomorrow!
I didn't expect them to want a rolling class, but it makes me feel like I gave them more than they expected.
So I did my job.

I had forgotten the appreciation gained from sharing. It was nice to re-visit that emotion.

1 comment:

Karen Smithey said...

Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm so glad to hear that your class went well. I was the 'visiting artist' last year for my son's 8th grade class and my youngest daughter's first grade class, and it would have completely worn me out, except it was so exciting to see all that the kids did--that's the payoff for teaching...