Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Red Vase

glass is hard to photograph! this candle vase measures 5 inches tall and 3 1/2 inches wide.
day 1 in the kiln is fusing glass to make the slab that in day 2 in the kiln is sagged over a cone mold to give the draping shape...this one i call my lace edge.
It is more cathedral than the picture shows...meaning clearer where the candle will flicker nicely...another additional benefit with this kind of edge is the flame nicely casts shadows upon the wall making for a nice ambiance...

these run around 20 dollars depending if you want simple as shown or intricate design work...

thank you for stopping in!

4 comments:

MrCachet said...

Spectacular, Mary! The edges already look like flower blossoms.

MrCachet said...

Not that it won't look cool with a candle in it, but I think it would be cool as a flower vase as well.

Kathryn Costa said...

Beautiful and interesting. I agree with MrCachet, it would look stunning with flowers. I would love to see a variety of different colored flower arrangements in it. Have fun with it.

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Mary! This is stunning! I love the bubbly top edge. I bet it looks AMAZING with a candle in it! :-)