Sunday, September 14, 2008

Instant Gratification


"Focus" is my instant gratification exercise.
Tore out elements from magazine...layered and layered paint and tape...I hesitated to add another layer...I love it when I see everyone else do this final layer but I tend to over layer the last layer. I wasn't brave enough tonight. I stopped it here.

Focus...it is made by some to look easy and casual, when really it is hard.
I am going to focus on not trying to make my pages 'perfect'.
Focus on being free with my hand in techniques.
Focus to not be afraid to be expressive.
Focus on the experience.
Great exercise!

5 comments:

peggy gatto said...

This is exactly what I love!!! You have some wonderful creations here! I will be back for sure!!!

Kathryn Costa said...

All of your focus statements are so good! I could use them too.

Thanks for your encouraging words on my blog. I am in a good place right now. My anchor has been lifted and I'm finding a new one in me.

I look forward to your next soul journal page!

Virginia said...

Thank You Mary!!1 I love that you share how you feel and where this journey is taking you.I love what you have done so far and am so looking forward to what comes next..

Karen Campbell said...

This page is just radiant ... gorgeous colors and so expressive!

Karen Smithey said...

What a wonderful energizing color combination! Love the orange and purple.