Sunday, August 8, 2010

Let Us Shine

I am not really feeling all sunny today...tired and getting burned out of all this outside work..
but on august 4 exactly! because I had been here just the night before
and these were closed still
the sunflowers began sunning
they have already begun getting darker centers
it will be just another few days and they begin their big drying out phase
but i shall get more pictures before they start to turn

I hope they brighten your day...happy flowers aren't they!

WOW I didn't mispell anything...that rarely happens
;)

6 comments:

Bea said...

I absolutely LOVE sunflowers. I once sat next to a field of them and turned my head to the sun like them. They knew I wasn't one of them but they let me be. :)Bea

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy and gorgeous. I am always fascinated by sunflowers. This is a great shot, too.

Sarah said...

Lovely sunflowers Mary-you should have a rest and enjoy them for a while!

miz katie said...

We have fields of them here. All you can see for miles are sunflowers. Not quite as pretty as the ocean, to me, very lovely.

MrCachet said...

Sorry if this is a Hit-and-Run Mary, but we just got back from an Antique show in Bozeman, and I have about a half dozen Thank You's to send.

What that means is some of the art I've been posting is no longer in my possession, which is a really good thing...

I love the sunflowers. We have three growing in the yard, and they haven't really gotten very tall - yet.

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Mary! Love the sunflowers! Very cheerful! :-)