Friday, July 23, 2010

Mr. TURTle!

It is WET around here! Driving up the road yesterday? the day before maybe I see this HUGE turtle crossing the road.
I mainly got out to make sure he would go across the road, as the drivers around here have no consideration for the critters
they run them over and think nothing of it...I try to save what i can...

He was covered in mud..from the little pond on the opposite side of the road.

I don't have anything major to report in about...been catching up cutting grass weedeating and such this week, the owner of the place I keep grounds for, was coming to town and I like things to look especially spiffy when he arrives.

I have begun a portrait spread...the growl...
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

MrCachet said...

Just how HUGE is this TURTle?

Mary S. Hunt said...

he was pretty big! uuummm probably 30 inches long and every bit the diameter of a trashcan like what ...20 inches or so...and thick
i think it was a snapping turtle...he wasn't smooth

Sarah said...

You have been busy, rescuiing animals and painting lovely portraits! I have to tell you-I have bought a dremel and managed to drill a hole in a piece of china! The glass broke but I will try another piece. I was very excited about the china though-so thanks again for that video!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sounds like you had a really busy week. Hope it wasn't as hot there.

Bea said...

Thank you for taking the time to try to keep the animals in your part of the world, safe. I know sometimes it is hard to stop for some animals when they dart out into the road. It's nice to know somebody is trying to prevent roadkill. :)Bea

Katie Jeanne Wood said...

lol..I saw your comment on my blog yesterday, but didn't check to see who it was from. Then, I noticed "Mar" commented again, and I thought..hm..I better go see who this is. She sure is friendly. heehee :) And, then I saw your blog, and thought..OF COURSE!! MAR!!! :D She is very friendly!!! lol..I'm such a goofball.