Sunday, March 8, 2009

Painting Progress


Not much to report.
Here is the progress on my collage painting.
In a post down you can see where I left off.
Layers of paint have been added next will be the directions from town to get there. I am hoping this will be well received for people who like to take pieces of SD home with them.
I have more to add I am not "there" with it yet.
I came back to describe what I have so far...
I wasn't so far a long as I remembered in the other post.
The house is a house off route 50 to Chamberlain.
I LOVE old houses and barns and I photograph them all the time.
My intentions originally were to just frame them and try to sell them as a memento of a visitors visit. But I am liking the collage painting look better.
Next will go the directions "from Platte 10 miles west on HWY 44 then RTE 50 N just south of Chamberlain there is the house...I think this might make a nice series as well..for the collector, or the living ancestor of that particular Homestead...who identifies and wants to have the painting to remember the site by.
Anyway, this is where I am.
:)

4 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Mary! I love how it looks! I like the "halo" spotlighting the house. And I love, love, LOVE that fence! :-)

Ronnie said...

Love what you're doing here. I'm a hit and run a lot of the time. I here but being rude running off without commenting. Learning a lot!!!
Thanks for what you do here.

Mescrap said...

Beautiful paint !!!!
I love the wood fence too :)
Can't wait to see the finish paint work.


I love trees recently :p

Barb Smith said...

Hey Mar...I love old houses and barns (and solitary trees, too) and find myself photographing them all the time, also. Your piece is really coming along beautifully!
Peace & Love,
~Barb~