Thursday, May 28, 2009

Layer Love Lesson3


Lesson 3 from Julie's Layer Love seminar took a lot of drying in between times. I think I got too dark...again. She called for a hot pink for contrast
that I didn't have
so I improvised with a purple...mmmhh I don't think it did it a lot of good.
We were after an old world page. I hit it on texture, I am not sure you can see but it is there. I can use it just the same and I enjoyed the process. The next lesson if I achieve the look, will be lovely...in gray...
This lesson I did on the acrylic paper again, which I am liking a bit more, I definitely like the size.

7 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Mary! Oh, that's lovely! I like all the scrumptious textures! And it looks like it is lit from within. Very warm. Gorgeous! :-)

Anonymous said...

Nice! This looks like what happens when you look directly into the sun..love the purple ring!

Seth said...

I agree with Julie...looks like the bright sun. I like it! So many layers.

Janet said...

I like it! And you got a lot of really great texture in this piece. I keep forgetting to add my scratches.

Mescrap said...

I like the purple ring !!! It;s really a pretty colour to add in.

Dianne said...

I do like the texture very much! and I don't think you went too dark...I see wonderful growth here...thanks for sharing. and thanks for your kind comment on my blog.

Elizabeth Golden said...

Love the texture and the colors!