Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Finished Sample


Here is the finished sample of the kaleidoscope. The standing example shows the layers possible for decorating. the laying example is the one for the class I will teach the children. A simple flat sleeve made from construction paper or something similar they can decorate easily.
I can't remember all the questions that have been asked of me for this project.
It is all constructed of paper, and plastic, no glass. Child safe!
I am teaching the construction so IF they choose they can adapt the lesson to stronger materials...brass tubing and mirrors for example, and construct a "true scope".
This one will work though.
The class will be given through the local library.
I am not sure about the cost yet.
I think $15.00 is a fair price per person though. It will be a 2 day class approximately 3 hours each session.
They supply the paper tube...I will provide the rest.
So, IF this sells...I will have a picture up of the projects they complete.
:)

3 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Mary! Love your example kaleidoscopes! Very pretty! :-)

mary schweitzer said...

I think that's cheap for a 2 day class. But then again the economy sucks so...
It turned out great! I wish you could do a shot of what's inside, like if we were looking in the eyepiece.
Mary

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This really did turn out classy. It looks like you have it well planned and thought out, too. I hope your class goes over well. I can tell you have a lot invested in it (time, planning, etc.) so I have my fingers crossed that all goes great!!