Sunday, November 21, 2010

AEDM day 20-21

I have been diligently working on projects but I don't have anything complete to show...so

Here is the first piece I entered in a show that I used staining techniques...She has over 40 firings to achieve the charcoal look I was aiming for
and I was honored to receive best in show for her...more than 30 years ago!
Mata Hari

She is my own drawing from a freeze frame off the tape I ordered from the history channel "Mata Hari"


Next is the beginning for the next painting which is so heavily textured it is still in drying mode






and I have also still been cleaning the years of grime and paint away from the bevel glass in this restoration, which part is ready for the solder
panel 1 of two...

enjoy the day!
and thank you for stopping in...

go art ppl

3 comments:

Lori Saul said...

Gorgeous art- full of wonderful detail and smoky mysterious color elements. Very award worthy Mar! Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

miz katie said...

lol..you do that, too? freeze frames? sometimes, i will sit with my camera zoomed in real close, and click click. i don't think i've ever used any of the photos in my art..yet. but, i always think i'm going to some day.

Sarah said...

I especially love her headress!