Began taking this panel apart, it will become 2 windows that look just like this just half that and you get the idea
someone used zinc when building this unit...a sign that the technician wasn't knowledgeable about what he was doing
the zinc was more expensive to use than lead
pulled lead had it been used would have made taking this apart today a lot easier...alas i did have years on my side
the brittleness of the zinc allowed for the piece to practically fall apart in my hand
especially with a pair of nippers
here the unit is all apart off the tray
the tray stored out of the way to return to the owner
area cleaned up and the pieces soaking
here the pieces are soaking
the next step is to true up the edges they were pretty chopped up where the builder was making them fit into the narrow zinc i suppose...and dirt etched from years of being a window unit in a house
i cleaned all the grime off and the next step of grinding the untrued edges begins
using an electric grinder
when i learned the only thing available was a
i liked the new technology that invented the electric grinder
then here are the cleaned up pieces being laid out
to rebuild into the 2 new windows...
and that is my art filled day number 9...
i also began the next painting for lesson 8..i have my elements affixed to the canvas and they are drying...