Sunday, May 26, 2019

Chapter Six Window Unit Project

From the pieces that went in the kiln of the precious post, I added to the Christ face.

I will add more, even before the next firing.



Let me refresh you to the process.
Using ground to powder glass chips mixed with an oil, I mover the stain around with brushes until I achieve the look I am after.
Then the pieces is placed in the kiln and taken to between 1100 and 1300 degrees to melt the chips into the substrate glass.

I can do layers on layers as many times that I need, but each layer must be kiln fired to become permanent to the glass piece.

Each trip needs to be carefully watched.  I can ruin the piece at every entry into the kiln.
Each time is an adventure.

There are not speckles on this piece the speckles are from the kiln top.

Come by again to follow the story and process.

No comments: