Saturday, October 29, 2011

Peacock finished

I actually accomplished another painting this week...which is totally unusual...so I guess the dry spell is lifting...I am becoming unblocked!

I am entering week 12 of the Artist Way by Julie Cameron...I am here to tell you..her process works...
The first reading of the AW left me cold...I thought yeah right this is a bunch of baloney...she just has this set up like AA...
then I kept reading raves...so I joined a group...I made through about 3 weeks..and I do say the process up to that point was helpful...I got as far as cleaning up the crazimakers...then just thought the rest didn't really apply...to me...

Time rolls on and I am just not the most productive...not as I once was or could be...
so...

Again a friend and I are doing this together...this time things are clicking and I have made such total progress...not to say I am CURED...but I am discovering things that have been hidden
things I have worked through...
I have done the exercises and they are very encouraging and helpful.

If I had to make a guess I would say it has been 15/20 years since I painted 2 or more paintings in 1 week...so I am thrilled!!!!

Here is painting 2

Painted from a photo I took of a local fella's peacock I was lucky to snap of him on the fence...
it is 50x14
canvas on wood
acrylics
varnished

sold

:D

7 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful!!

Sarah said...

What a handsome peacock! Glad the artist's way is working for you.

Dianne said...

absolutely gorgeous painting! hmmm...your experience with the artist's way sounds very familiar..."it couldn't apply to me" and yet it really does. I should re-visit that book...thanks for sharing!

Star said...

it's been a while since I've come to look around...and WOW, this peacock id just gorgeous, indeed! Love the buffalo, also! WTG!!

Dianne said...

beautiful painting! I like that book but have not really followed through on it...maybe it's time to re-read it!

Lori Saul said...

So beautiful- the colors just make me sing. Wonderful shape and life to this piece!

decorating ideas for bedrooms said...

Hello
Peacock finished
Enjoyed reading this. Effectively stated and with wonderful timing. Thanks for the great post.