Sunday, April 25, 2010

And NOWWWW where they put me up!!!


Dacotah Prairie Museum put me up at the Ward Hotel, a historically preserved hotel on main street. Gorgeously kept up and restored!!
My room was small but cozy and CLEAN . This is what i saw as i entered



Then from another angle the other side... HUGE window! overlooking main street









This closet was nearly as large as the room..I can only think so to put out the extra bed if you needed one??







the bathroom..









waiting for me at the desk...was this gorgeous bouquet of flowers Colleen sent for my birthday!!! they smelled so good like wildflowers as you walk the field...

I really enjoyed my room...I didn't get to see much of it as I had duties to keep me at the center until late every night...everyone else was done by 3 right after the last session...but firing the kiln kept me going some longer...it was worth the efforts
The hotel had a restaurant too and their food was delicious!!!

5 comments:

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Mary! So cool of Colleen to send you flowers for your birthday while you were away! Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a great place to stay and a lovely classroom with great windows and a wonderful time! :-)

mary schweitzer said...

This is a really nice room!

Linda Vincent said...

That looks so comfortable...what a treat! Your course looks great Mary; I wish I could have been there :-) Those finishes pieces are gorgeous!
Linda x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I finally made it to your seminar (grin). Been out and about, so missed the two previous posts. Learned about cutting glass and adding frits. Truly enjoyed what you showed and the projects the students made. Your workshop must have been awesome. I know I was mesmerized and really enjoyed the process. Thanks for showing it. So sorry to hear you had to work late into the night to get the smaller kiln to work. I can't imagine moving a big one from place to place, like that.

Debrina said...

Hi Mar - what a gorgeous little room. I wonder how old it is?