Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fix Fence




Gonna fix the rotten post in the fence today..this is one section.

Old poles removed and new poles set in.







Brace pole set in place.







Brace wire on and tightened...it is set left to right or right to left

depending on which way you want the fence to lean...like if on a hill
it is as shown here so the lean is running up the hill and the fence doesn't fall down. (technical aren't i)





Here the woven wire is set back around the post and the latch is in place the fence is repaired...took about an hour.

Did 2 sections today...then had to go to work...
it was a pretty day though, no wind! very important this time of year working outside...i wouldn't have helped if it was cold

We live in SD...see it isn't all flat like you might think when hearing about the plains...we have a creek just down this hill...it is full now...but not always.

Thanks for tagging along
:)

9 comments:

MrCachet said...

Sheep? I've repaired three wire and replaced posts both steel and wood, but never used woven wire. I liked being out and using muscles, but not something I'd want to make a career of doing.

Mary said...

I think SD is beautiful. I think I mentioned I spent a few summers in ND where I have family. I remember visiting the Bad Lands of SD (did I remember that name correctly) and seeing all the beautiful colors.

Fine job on the fence!! :)

Bea said...

I'm impressed with the fence mending. Thanks for letting me tag along. Do I still have to ride in the back of the pick up truck? :)Bea

Sarah said...

Wow your fence mending skills are good! I wish you could come and mend mine as my fence mending skills are non-existent sadly!

Debrina said...

Ha ha. On my blog panel it says "Wroking Projects" then "Must fix fence". The two go nicely, hand in hand.
Well done you for working on that darned fence!

Mescrap said...

You really live in a very tranquil and beautiful place. I love to see the wide green field.

Anne said...

Hi, Mar! Looks like a lot of hard labor to me! Nice looking fence! :-)

Anne said...

Hi, Mary! I've nominated you for a blog award because you make me smile! :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I sure learned a lot about mending fences from your post. I didn't realize there was a lean side.

I have to admit, this was one very interesting post and a great opportunity to see your lovely land. Lots of trees in the distance, too.