Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Earning Their Badge...



A day in the Studio...




These little ladies belong to GEMS a version of Girl Scouts. Their leaders called and book an afternoon of art to earn their art badge.



After a lecture about how many different ways their is to express one's self in an artistic manner..and showing them the bazillion books I have on the subject...and showed them some of the examples I had laying around the room..I gave them a box of stamps, pads and pens and told them to play...

Their efforts have earned them an art badge and made them enthusiastic to their now creative outlet through art...even that thank you note to grandma..they learned this was art..well as well as polite!

they went away happy..

1 comment:

Anne said...

Hi, Mary! I love seeing your class in progress and a sampling of the results, too! I spied your Soul Collage book out on the table! ;-) Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun AND they earned a badge, too! How cool! :-)