Monday, April 14, 2008

Updating Time


















Last week I accomplished several boxes and completed the platter
"Trails".
The platter depicts South Dakota with a focus on the Lewis and Clark trail that led to Pierre, SD. In Pierre the trail of the railroad went through, fur bearers festival commemorated the trappers year, the steamboat brought goods up the Missouri river, Buffalo roamed, Indians roamed, and Lewis and Clark notated everything. The wolf depicts the fur bearers, a buffalo, the steamboat, the train, Pheasant, are all mixed into this platter. Many layers overlap to hopefully give the piece a collage look. I wanted to also give the piece a subdued look through the colors I see looking over the landscape of South Dakotas terrain. This closeup is about the best i can get with the camera I am using. The piece is seen the same from both sides and it is translucent.
Accomplished also this week were several boxes. I tried to get close pictures of the soldering to show the intricate complexities that can be achieved manipulating the solder using temperature controls. This is called decorative soldering (technical term).
Then the other boxes I finished this week.
Janet and I also began phase two of the Homestead order. Project homestead landscape including Ma's house a wagon and then the school. I'll just post the first firing of the lids next. They need to be fired yet.
Have a student today...yea!

No comments: