Friday, April 27, 2018

Creating New THE Process!


 
I am going to begin by first showing a close up the eye. You will not be able to see it in the pictures, they do not translate well, you DO see it in real life.
 
Typically, I am advised to show just one picture at a time but, I am going to go through the whole process in creating "Wa Tatanka" (Lakota for Snow Buffalo)
 

A rough outline of my imagined Buffalo.  I am seeing him in the midst of a huge blizzard.  I hope in the end you think I pulled him through.


I added a few placement details with charcoal.  Sometimes I go into more detail with this step.  I plan to have so much obscured that I don't this project.


Laying in some darker areas and beginning to add a bit of the snow.  I am working in oils now and I can only work so far before I need to let the project rest.


It doesn't look like much is added.  Using a palate knife, I am beginning to add the blizzard.


Strengthening the animals features, remaining obscure.


You can see that I am darkening the one side a lot more than the other.  Remember this is a snowing blizzard the Buffalo is trapped in.  Not a lot of details will be available to anyone witnessing this in the open.


Now I am going to slowly add the blizzard, here also I have begun the eye which you can hardly see at all, which is why I showed it first for you.


Still not enough snow but the piece is pretty loaded with the paints and I let it rest several days.


Then I finish up.  This project is curing a bit before I add the varnish and frame.  Even though I will soon have it on the gallery wall for sale.  If bought from a collector who needs to have this shipped, I will need to wait a few weeks before I ship it.  If bought from a local collector, they can let it cure on their wall just the same.

I hope you enjoyed watching the process.

Look at the gallery pages on the website.  There will be additions from the artists presenting to the Stagecoach listed for all to inquire about.
www.stagecoachplatte.com

Have a fabulous day!








 

 









No comments: