Wednesday, May 4, 2016

The Itch is Growing

As I show the progression of the Buffalo Scratch in acrylics.  You will see a slight difference.  Unless you look at them side by side.

Here is where I am at the moment.  Layering thin layers so that the depth grows.  It takes awhile to achieve where I want to take this buffalo but, the patience will be worth the effort in the end.

the beginning

 adding

adding more
by adding thin layers the depth grows gradually.
I need to mention as well, I am using a limited palette.
In the art camp retreat next summer we will explore limited palette and mixing paints!
Middle of June,  As soon as I have secured a Lodge to hold the event we will talk in depth.
 
Is there an interest in coming to beautiful South Dakota for a workshop in painting?
 
Let me know!

No comments: