Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Jig is UP!





This is the pattern that Mark and Michelle decided for their chapel.











They came and made final glass selections..they were ordered




In the meantime the working pattern was finalized.









Glass arrived and cut into the amount of strips needed.













Fit into place on the pattern.
















Final sanding of the edges to fit the pattern and the jig built to hold everything in place.

Next I foil the pieces...then solder.
I was going to move the whole thing to the light table and give you an idea of the project illuminated
but I wasn't that ambitious
so
Come back when I am finished I will place it in the window...if it will stay
or on the light table and give you the a glimpse to what will be seen once in place.

The frame needs to be welded...not by me... then mounted on the wall the light source will be electric.

stay tuned.

I am going to try my hand at making a film of the soldering process...we shall see how I do..

7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is already gorgeous, Mar. I clicked for a larger view and studied the design in detail. What an ambitious project. And you did a marvelous job scoring, cutting, and sanding the glass. Hats off to you for getting the piece this far. I will anxiously wait the next installation (no pun intended) of the project.

Bea said...

Wow, that's beautiful. You are so talented. :)Bea

Anne said...

Hi, Mary! Looks terrific! And it sure looks like a big project to me! (Small project would be about 1 foot square to me ... anything larger is BIG!) Can't wait to see the final result! :-)

teri said...

This is fascinating. I'm impressed with the amount of detail involved. I'm looking forward to seeing more about this.

Lori Saul said...

Thought I would drop by and see what wondrous creations you are working on - this looks to be incredible- so fun to see your work in progress. I shall return!

Curio said...

Wow! Beautiful already. Can't wait to see the follow-up.

Sarah said...

Wow that is beautiful work Mary. Looking forward to seeing it finished. A video would be interesting too! Hope you are doing ok.