Monday, September 14, 2009

Wild Angel...

As tired as I am after this long weekend of work work work...I went to sleep to just wake up and not be able to get back to sleep after just an hour
so
I had a nap!

Since it will be awhile before I am caught up enough to post anything new that is being worked up on the table at the present,
I bring to you

Wild Angel

I was listening to Martina McBride belting out the tune
Wild Angel and she sprang to mind
she has the blond hair because I imagine her as Hannah (my granddaughter) when she is a teenager.
Hannah is a living angel, but the tribute is hers.

She sports colored wings...a little prankster just having crossed over to receive them.

I doubt this picture enlarges.. or if it does a little you probably won't be able to get the close up view so...
to describe her
I begin with sketching the face on draft paper
so i know where i want the stain highlights...
and then start staining glass and firing in the kiln. (time intensive and many kiln visits)
she is stained on mouth blown antique glass.

Her face isn't blemished...she has a celestial glow and emerald green eyes...with plum and gold shadow...then the gold flecks over her face as well...
It is kind of hard to see without the sun coming through and actually catching the glass from behind and allowing the piece to glow as it should...

This is an example of another panel...

Thank you for stopping in.

8 comments:

MrCachet said...

I'm always up for looking at glass! How do you manage to take pictures of it? The scalloped pieces in the background have the shape of feathers as well...

Bea said...

Mar, this is absolutely gorgeous. I love the detail. Thank you for sharing this with us. :)Bea

Lori Saul said...

A simply stunning piece Mar, beautiflow flow and lightness to it. The feathers have a wonderful textural look. Amazing artwork!

Unknown said...

Mar...she is BeaUTiFul. How big is she? You take on some big project in the past so I was just wonder. She is beautiful...you are amazing.

Anne said...

Hi, Mary! She is STUNNING! I love this wild angel! The feathers are amazing with the mottled colors and staining details! Wow! Wow! WOW! :-)

Linda Vincent said...

You are amazing - I love this so much! You have described it brilliantly too.
Linda xxx

Kelly said...

WOW! This is simply exquisite! I can't believe you made this with glass! I was impressed when I thought it was a drawing!!!! You have so much talent that exudes from your work!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments.

Linda East said...

Awesome Ms. Mary...