Saturday, May 25, 2019

Chapter Five Window Unit Project



Now that the blanks are ground and cleaned up ready to stain.
The staining process begins.

Taking crushed to powder glass, I mix an oil with it so I can move the glass around and create the design on the glass.

Shade the piece.
Make the face features or fingers.



The faces showing are for Christ, the youngest girl and the eldest male.  All on panel one. 
My approach for staining glass is a little different than from other Stanier's.
I work more as if I am working on canvas and build the layers slowly.  This process will require more visits to the kiln but, I prefer the effect.

This is the first visit to the kiln.  I have begun where the shading is and some of the features and I will add from here.


Christ hand welcoming ALL.
Typically I am shy about hands but, I think this is turning out pretty well.

All of these pieces have fired and will be added to over the next few days.

Next post I will tell you about a few projects I am working on that will be alternating in the kiln.
These are commissioned box and glass portrait projects.

Come again.
Thank you!

No comments: