Last year, at the Dakotah Prairie Museum, one of the sales from this show was a slumped vase.
Sherri, a most helpful staff member of the museum, bought one similar to this for her brother, as a gift.
He liked the vase, so much that when it met with disaster, he wanted a replacement.
He has patiently waited for me to get to his work sheet.
From memory (a very poor memory)
I tried recreating the piece, hurriedly before Craig's surgery commenced, as he was visiting sister Sherri...would have been a nice surprise.
Except I fused up the wrong color...for some reason I was remembering a lavenderish color blue.
Well that wasn't going to work, so I did a different color, with the aide of a picture...(pictures help a lot ya know!)
I think I have it right now.
This one has a really nice draping, in my opinion perfect, sits well too.
A cathedral color blue and greens streaked together.
The picture isn't the best for capturing the piece...but the best I could do this morning.
If it isn't what they want, I will take a better picture and place it up on Ebay, along with the one I mistakenly produced.
It takes several days to produce a piece in the kiln...so 2 vases is just about 2 weeks worth of kiln work...yeah, lengthy process!
Thanks for visiting